ChiniMandi, Mumbai: Friday 7th May 2021
Overview: The market has been witnessing subdued demand throughout the week with the current Covid-19 situation in the country.
– Maharashtra: According to the Sugar Commissionerate, Maharashtra, the latest crushing reports exhibit sugar production of 105.97 LMT with an average recovery of 10.49%. 181 sugar mills out of 190 in the state have ended their crushing operations.
S/30 Sugar rates from millers are ₹3110 to ₹3140/Qntl. whereas M/30 ₹3220. In the resale market S/30 is trading at ₹3025 to ₹3060 whereas M/30 is trading at ₹3050 to ₹3120.
– Karnataka : S/30 Sugar rates from millers are ₹3230 to 3275 whereas M/30 is at ₹3325.
– Uttar Pradesh: The rates for M/30 are ₹3330 to 3350
– Gujarat: The rates for new S/30 at ₹3125 to 3135 whereas new M/30 ₹3195 to 3211
– Tamil Nadu: S/30 Sugar rates are ₹3275 to 3350 whereas M/30 rates are at ₹3350 to 3400.
(All the above rates are excluding GST)
On Thursday, sugar prices closed higher on the risks of a tight supply in the current season, excessive dry conditions in Brazil which curb sugar yields and the rally in crude which favor greater ethanol production. Aug London white sugar #5 (SWQ21) closed at $462.90 per ton with an appreciation of $2.10 compared to the previous day, whereas July New York world sugar #11 (SBK21) closed at 17.55/lb up 0.02 points.
At the time of writing this update London White Sugar front month contract is trading at $461.20/tn,whereas New York Sugar front month contract is trading at 17.43/lb
In the Indian market, white sugar of the season 2020/21 icumsa 100 ready delivery for exports is trading at ₹27700 to 27900 on ex factory basis. Demand for Raw sugar of the season 2020/21 icumsa between 600- 1200 is at ₹27200 to ₹27300 factory basis.
Currency, Commodity & Indian Indices:
The rupee traded against the US dollar at 73.338 whereas USD was trading with BRL at 5.2402 Crude futures traded at Rs.4728, Crude WTI traded at $64.35 a barrel. Sensex closed 256.71 points higher at 49,206.47 whereas Nifty ended 98.35 points higher at 14,823.15.
To Listen to this News click on the play button.