Kolhapur, August 9: This monsoon season many parts of India are affected due to heavy raining and flooding. Western Indian states like Maharashra, Gujarat, Goa and Karnataka are most affected and rescue operations are still underway.
Here are the live flood and rain updates:
Update upto 09.00 pm:
- 2,52,813 people rescued and lives saved
- More than 62 teams of various agencies deployed in Maharashtra
- 8 talukas of Kolhapur & 4 from Sangli affected
- ₹154 crore given to respective collectors for immediate assistance to flood affected persons
- 70 medical teams are working to provide healthcare.
- Sufficient stock of anti-venom & leptospirosis drugs
- 40 teams constituted constituted for restoration of power supply.
05:40PM: Floods hit Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavari District.
01:10PM: More than 300 relief camps set up in Kerala.
12:08PM: Red alert issued in 9 districts in Kerala.
11:10AM: More than 100 people rescued from landslide in Wayanad, Kerala.
11:00AM: Light showers in Pune.
10:35AM: Three dams in Karnataka have released water: Taraka Dam, Kabini Dam, Nagu Dam.
09:30AM: Rains have stopped in Kolhapur for now but many areas still affected with water logging.
09:10AM: NDRF teams continue rescue operations in Kolhapur. As of now water levels are receding.
#MaharashtraFloods 12 rescue teams of #IndianNavy hv left last night for Sangli by road in state govt transport after the Airlift was aborted due to unfavorable weather condition in Kolhapur and Sangli. Police escorts were provided for a green corridor till Sangli @CMOMaharashtra
— SpokespersonNavy (@indiannavy) August 9, 2019