Sugarcane Farmers, Millers Join Hands To Put Pressure On Government

722

With each passing days, the crisis in sugar industry is escalating. As per the report of TimesofIndia.com, to combat this, sugar mills and sugarcane farmers have now come together to put pressure on the government to provide financial assistance to come out of financial distress.

As election is around the corner, the government will try not to disappoint millers and sugarcane farmers.

Farmer organisation Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana has been demanding that millers should pay FRP in one installment as mandated by law, which says that millers have to pay cane farmers within 14 days from the start of the crushing season.

Even after more than two months of the crushing season, many mills have not paid the FRP payment to farmers. Millers have expressed helplessness in paying the arrears owing to the fall in the price of sugar.

As both, millers and sugarcane farmers, are important vote banks for the government, it is trying to soothe the prevailing agitative situation. The Timesofindia.com quoted State revenue minister Chandrakant Patil saying, “The farmers should accept at least 80 per cent and demand that millers pay the remaining 20 per cent with interest later on. We are ready to assist farmers and millers. We will act against millers failing to pay FRP.”

Download ChiniMandi News App: http://bit.ly/ChiniMandiApp

SOURCEChiniMandi

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here