The government seems to be serious about the grievances of sugarcane farmers in the current crushing season. Even after issuing a notice to Nyoli sugar mill, it has not paid pending dues to the farmers. Following which District Collector of Kasganj in Uttar Pradesh has expressed anguish over the factory and warned if sugarcane dues were not paid in three days, the mill would be seized.
The mill is engaged in procurement of sugarcane with speed. After removing the technical flaws, sugar making process has been expedited. So far, thousands of quintals of sugar have been produced in the sugar mill.
State government and district administration are very serious concerning the payment of sugarcane purchased during the new season. In this regard, the Collector RP Singh had permitted to sell 7,000 quintals of sugar through sugarcane department. Four days ago, a mill was instructed to pay the farmers from the amount received through selling sugar, but still, it has not been sold in the open market. And farmers are yet to receive their payment.
– 3 lakh quintal of sugarcane has been purchased.
– Instruction has been given to pay farmers in three days.
– Outstanding balance of more than 9 crore is payable.
– 35,000 quintal of sugar has been produced.
– 7,000 quintal of sugar is allowed to sale.
– Target of 8 million quintal sugarcane purchase is fixed.
Download ChiniMandi News App: http://bit.ly/ChiniMandiApp