Maharashtra state’s bumper sugarcane crushing season in the second week of June with a record sugar production of 137.28 LMT (106.40 LMT in the previous year) due to high sugarcane availability in the state. According to the latest reports by the sugar commissionerate office, 95.28% of the sugarcane dues have been paid off which translates to Rs.37712.36 crores.
Overall Summary :
Total Sugar Mills in Operation – 200 (101 Cooperative and 99 Private)
Total Daily Crushing Capacity – 801300 MT
Total cane crushed – 1320.31 LMT
Total Sugar Produced – 137.28 LMT
Average Recovery – 10.40%
Average Crushing Days – 173
Maximum Crushing Days – 240
Minimum Crushing Days – 36
Top 5 mills with highest sugarcane crushing
1. Vitthalrao Shinde Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. Solapur – 2478922 MT
2. Guru Commodity Services Private Limited. (Jarandeshwar Sugar) Satara – 1998330 MT
3. Indicon Developers (Shri Ambika Sugars Pvt. Ltd.) – 1951160 MT
4. Jawahar Shetkari Sakhar Karkhana, Kolhapur – 1907298 MT
5. Baramati Agro Ltd. Pune – 1731060 MT
Top 5 mills with the highest sugar production
1. Vitthalrao Shinde Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. Solapur – 23. 45 Lakh Quintals
2. Jawahar Shetkari Sakhar Karkhana, Kolhapur – 23.13 Lakh Quintals
3. Guru Commodity Services Private Limited. (Jarandeshwar Sugar) Satara – 22.56 Lakh Quintals
4. Indicon Developers (Shri Ambika Sugars Pvt. Ltd.) – 21.00 Lakh Quintals
5. The Malegaon Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd – 17.39 Lakh Quintals
Top 5 mills with highest sugar recovery
1. Shree Dudhganga Vedganga Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd.- 12.99%
2. Panchganga Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. – 12.90%
3. Sahyadri Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd – 12.66%
4. RajaramBapu Patil Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. (Unit 3) Walwa – 12.65%
5. Sonhira Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Sangli – 12.54%
Sugar mills that paid highest FRP
1. Shree Dudhganga Vedganga Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd.- Rs.3133.45/Tonne
2. RajaramBapu Patil Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. (Unit 3) Walwa – Rs.3044.23/Tonne
3. Shree Bhogawati Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd – Rs.3043.73/Tonne
4. Panchganga Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd. (Renuka Sugars) -Rs.3038/Tonne
5. Sonhira Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, Sangli – Rs.2977.62/Tonne
In the year 2021-22, the total ethanol production in Maharashtra is expected to be around 134 crore litres and the state expects to get Rs 7,816.90 crore by selling it to oil companies.
The sugar mills in the state have earned Rs 2,428 crore by selling power from their co-generation plants.
As per the report released by sugar commissionerate, mills have earned revenue of Rs 2428.78 crore by selling 384.30 crore power units.
During the 2020-21 crushing season, the sugar industry generated as many as 675.57 crore units of power out of which 384.30 units were sold to the power grid while the remaining 212.99 crore units were consumed by the mills themselves.