Belagavi: S. Nijalingappa Sugar Institute in association with J.P.Mukharji & Associates organised a seminar on “Milling Performance Improvement – A review” on 27th April 2019 at S. Nijalingappa Sugar Institute, Belagavi.
The one-day seminar featured a day-long symposium, which included talks on the introduction of new technologies and other essential aspects.
The seminar was inaugurated by Shri. R. V. Vatnal, senior sugar technologist. In his addressing note, he stressed on the incorporation of new technologies for profitable operation of the factories.
As technology plays an important role, emphasising the same, Dr. R.B.Khandagave, Director, S. Nijalingappa Sugar Institute explained the gradation of technologies for better operations of sugar factories.
“Many more factories are having milling plants and better to have upgraded the efficiency, for the same their institution has taken up research works,” said Dr. M. S. Sundaram, Managing Director, M/s. J.P.Mukharji & Associates describing the Diffusion and Milling Technologies in sugar factories for extraction of juice from sugarcane.
During the seminar, experts from the industry presented technical papers.
1. Shri. M. K. Varma, JPMA, Pune presented technical papers on the subject ‘Milling Efficiency improvements’
2. Shri. Prashant Ghundre, JPMA, Pune presented technical papers on the subject ‘Milling Theory a review’
3. Shri. Gurunath A, SNSI, Belagavi presented technical papers on the subject ‘Milling Efficiency improvement by reduction of bagasse moisture’
4. Miss. Prachi Apashankar, JPMA, Pune presented technical papers on the subject ‘Reduction in Bagasse moisture and Improvement in Mill Extraction by Controlling Re-Absorption of Juice in Mills’
5. Shri. K.Jagadish, JPMA, Pune presented technical papers on the subject ‘A Review of Milling Control Parameters’
6. Shri. V. R. Kulkarni, JPMA, Pune presented technical papers on the subject ‘Polyester Sling Coupling Vs Tail Bar Coupling’
More than 95 participants and also technocrats from Karnataka and Maharashtra attended the event. Shri. Gurunath A, SNSI, Belagavi, HOD, Sugar Engg. & Co-gen, SNSI, Belagavi welcomed the delegates, Guest lecturers and extended the vote of thanks.